Monday, February 1, 2010

When I was 13

When I was 13, I remember wanting to grow up so fast. Anticipating to enter high school but before I soon realized it, I graduated from the 8th grade and entered a bigger school with more people and all by myself with no friends. We had all separated after middle school into various high schools and sadly no one went to the one I wanted to go to. Entering high school as a freshman was a scary experience, especially having to do the friend thing all over again but slowly I started and before I knew it I ended up with at least four new friends on that first day whom I had every class with. I had to learn to stop being shy and start speaking to others, introducing myself and changing my old habits of staying with people that I felt "safe" with and yet that did change. Making friends that first day of high school changed my life completely and helped me become the strong, positive woman I am today.

0 comments: