Monday, February 8, 2010

Media Literacy

According to Wikipedia, Media Literacy is defined as the process of analyzing, evaluating and creating messages in a wide variety of media modes, genres and forms. With my headphones in my ear listening to the latest tunes and texting at the same time and surfing the net while I'm suppose to be doing my work, I realized I myself am a victim of media literacy. Not only does media literacy affect teens but people all over the world. I'm affected by which music is in to listen to, which cell phone is the most popular and best to have and constantly checking other websites to find out celeb gossip or something interesting. Media Literacy affects everyone but at the end of the day, it targets the youth the most. As I googled "media literacy" I found two youtube videos of teenage females who were attacking the media for telling them what they should look like and how they should act towards one another and it made me feel good because there were actually teenage girls who saw how the media targeted them and did not like it. But yet there are other teenage girls out there who don't think the same and feel it is right to follow what magazines, television and celebrities do or say.




Lastly the last video that I post on here, I feel made the most effect on Media Literacy. It shows who and what children idolize and what they follow and I felt that this video is such a powerful one because it labels the truth. From celeb photos to magazine ads.


0 comments: